Praying the Scriptures
In the Old Testament, or Tanakh, a Hebrew word that is used for intercession is paga. One of its meanings is "to strike" and it carries the connotation of hitting the mark.
We want our prayers to be on target as well, so we share with you these prayer points and Scriptures. When we pray together, we get to see the Lord work together! Thank you for joining your prayers with ours . . . for such a time as this!
Praying for Israel
Do you want to know to pray for Israel in greater detail and depth? Jewish Voice Ministries has put together this Intercessory Prayer Guide for Israel that provides focused, targeted requests to help you pray for the nation of God’s People.Download PDF
Praying for Jewish People
You love Israel and the Jewish People. You want to bless them and pray for them, but sometimes it’s difficult to know just what to pray. Here is handy list of detailed, biblical ways you can pray for Jewish People around the world.Download PDF
Praying for Jewish Voice
The ministry of Jewish Voice is held up by the prayers of our supporters. We are so grateful for your prayer! We need you! Here are some specific ways you can invest in the ministries of Jewish Voice by lifting us up to God in prayer.Download PDF
Praying for Outreaches
Your prayers for our outreaches make a big difference! Though each outreach location is different, there are some vital needs that ring true regardless of where we go. Here are some specific ways you can pray.Download PDF
Praying for Israel
Declare Israel’s identity:
"For the sake of His great name the LORD will not reject His people, because the LORD was pleased to make you His own" (1 Samuel 12:22).
For this is what the LORD Almighty says: "After He has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye" (Zechariah 2:8).
For the LORD's portion is His people, Jacob his allotted inheritance (Deuteronomy 32:9).
You shall also be a crown of splendor in the LORD’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God (Isaiah 62:3).
You shall be called Hephzibah [which means, "My delight is in her"], and your land Beulah [which means "married"]; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married (Isaiah 62:4).
They shall call them the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted (Isaiah 62:12).
Intercede for Salvation for Israel and Jewish People Everywhere:
- For Israel to turn to the Lord so the veil may be taken away (2 Corinthians 3:11-16), and for their spiritual blindness to be removed.
- Pray based on the Lord’s promise that all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; for this My covenant with them, when I take away their sins" (Romans 11:25-27).
- Proclaim also God’s promise that “He will cleanse them and give them a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36).
Pray for Israel and Her People by Calling on the Lord Regarding:
- Her leaders
- Those who protect her
- Her allies—may the United States be one!
- Her challenges
- protection from the ongoing threat of war and terrorism from her enemies
- pray for God to deal swiftly and justly with those who hate Israel and the Jewish People, and who seek to destroy them
- pray for God’s solutions and provision for border disputes, housing and water shortages, incoming refugees, and other troubling internal issues
- Her resources
- pray for the boldness of Christian and Messianic Believers around the world through their advocacy and prayers for Israel
- pray for a deep unity in the Spirit among all Believers in Israel that allows for an effective working together regardless of political ideologies
- pray for the protection and effectiveness of ministries within and outside Israel such as Jewish Voice who are reaching out to Jewish People with the Good News of Yeshua, discipling new Believers, and establishing congregations
- pray for and praise God for His faithfulness to her, and for His ongoing commitment to His many promises on her behalf
Last but not least, pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all Israel—a cry that will find its ultimate fulfillment in the Sar Shalom—The Prince of Peace, Yeshua Himself. — Psalm 122:6
Praying for Jewish Voice Ministries
Proclaim the Lord’s Blessing and Fulfillment of Our Vision:
Jewish Voice Ministries is dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel of Yeshua (Jesus) to the Jew first and also to the Nations throughout the world, according to Romans 1:16.
We are also dedicated to equipping the Church by providing education about the Hebraic roots of Christianity, the Church’s responsibility to Israel and the Jewish People, and how to share Yeshua with the Jewish People.
In addition, JVM partners with several other Messianic ministries to establish and operate Messianic Jewish Bible Institutes around the world to train leaders for Jewish ministry, as well as the establishment of the Messianic Career Institute. — Ephesians 4:12
Key Verses to Pray:
“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it" (Habakkuk 2:2).
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands" (Psalm 90:17).
Pray through and declare all of Psalm 91, which is a conditional covenant between God and His people. Pray that we as a ministry would consistently and consciously dwell in the Presence and provision of the Lord, and that as we abide in Him and declare Him boldly as our God in whom we trust (vs. 1-2), we would continually be blessed by the protection the Lord promises for us in the rest of the Psalm – protection from the enemy’s schemes, from illness, terror, and harm; not only for us but for all that pertains to us and our ministry, including our partners and prayer partners!
Other Prayer Points:
For our leadership:
- Pray for godly leadership, wisdom, clarity of vision, and protection for Jonathan Bernis, our Jewish Voice Board, and our other JVM leaders.
- Pray especially for the Lord to impart to us a focused understanding and passionate application of the Lord’s call to us as a ministry in these End Times, and the corresponding anointing, strategies, and resources to fulfill it
For our staff and ministry as a whole:
- For each of us to experience and sustain a vibrant relationship with the Lord
- For every aspect of our ministry to be fruitful and Spirit-led
- For effective and productive business practices
- For deep unity of vision, mission, and relationships
- For blessing, favor, and shalom not only on us, but on all of the wonderful friends and partners of Jewish Voice
Also pray for:
- The Lord to continue to use us to bring blessing and unity throughout the Messianic movement, and the Body of Messiah as a whole
- Boldness and fruitfulness as we proclaim the Good News through television, print, and online media
- Protection, stamina, and courage for our Global Outreach team; and salvations, healings, and encouragement for those we minister to as we bring the Good News in person to international locations through our medical outreaches and Hear O’ Israel! Festivals
- Effective follow-up through planting new congregations to nurture and disciple new Believers. Pray also for the building up of existing congregations
- Supernatural faith leading to supernatural effectiveness in every area of our ministry
- Pray for the Lord to be glorified in every aspect of our lives and ministry! May His will be done and His Kingdom come in and through us
Keep tracking with us through our Prayer Points emails and our prayer blog—and PRAISE the Lord as well, as together we see the answers to our prayers!
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the body of believers and in Messiah Yeshua through all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).
Would you like to receive regular, up-to-date Prayer Points through email?