- Why is it, with as tiny a portion of land that Israel owns amid an ocean’s worth of Arab land filled with people who want Israel exterminated, that world sentiment considers Israel the bad guys?
- Why is it that for thousands of years Israel has been the target of hatred occurring in repeated waves throughout history?
- Why is it that this miracle of a People who has held on to their heritage through thousands of years of displacement and dispersion – and has come home to the Land God gave them, as He foretold they would – is so disparaged among ethnic groups and nationalities?
- Why is it that in the face of constant threats, hate speech against them, and violence toward them, when they have had enough and act to put an end to it, they are reprimanded by the world?
- Why is it that Palestinians can lob rockets at Israeli citizens and send suicide bombers into Israel’s cafes and buses for decades but when Israel finally strikes back, the world cries “Disproportionate!”?
- Why is it that Israel is always called upon to respond with restraint but the Palestinians are not?
Thankfully, Israel still has some support in the world community. And though many countries are calling for Israel to take care in their military actions to protect civilian life – something Israel is already doing to extraordinary lengths – much of the world is laying the blame for this engagement on Hamas. Gaza is also being asked to take this same care in their attacks on Israel. However, this is intrinsically a ridiculous request because it is essentially a fantasy that it will be honored. The prescribed method of operation of Hamas and other terrorist groups is to specifically aim at civilians in order to kill as many as possible.
Bible prophecy tells us that one day the entire world will stand against Israel. Zechariah 12:3 states, “On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.”
When Israel became a nation in 1948, a new biblical era began. The restoration of Israel spoken of in Bible prophecy began. Today, Israel’s population is nearly eight million. Every year thousands “make aliyah” (immigrate to Israel) from countries all over the world. The longing for the homeland of their Jewish heritage is strong within them, even though most have never been to Israel before.
Bible prophecy, the End Times, and Last Days
God is moving. The End Times have begun and we are in the Last Days. God is restoring His People to the Land of Israel and also restoring the hearts of Jewish People all across the earth to His Son, Yeshua. Anti-Semitism, whose latest re-packaging is going by the name “anti-Zionism,” takes yet another ugly upswing. We must pray for Jewish People the world over. Now is “spiritual window” where Jewish hearts are opening to the Good News of Yeshua. Pray with us that God will continue and increasingly remove the hardening of their hearts and lift the veil before their eyes so that they will see Yeshua as the Messiah of the promise, the one for whom they have waited.
Receive weekly updates on the Middle East and events that influence Israel by signing up on our Jewish Voice website.
Sign up to receive a free copy of Is Peace Possible?, a booklet by Jonathan Bernis in which you will discover the background of the Middle East conflict, the roles of neighboring countries, and the only source for true peace in the Middle East.
Become a Prayer Partner and join in praying for the ministries of Jewish Voice around the world.