If you have been friends of Jewish Voice Ministries for even a short time, through our television program, “Jewish Voice with Jonathan Bernis,” our magazine, “Jewish Voice Today,” or any of our other broadcasts, publications or ministry expressions, you will no doubt be very familiar with Romans 1:16. This verse, which states, "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile," so well encapsulates our mission as a ministry.
However, there is another key passage which this ministry was founded upon, Habakkuk 2:2, which helps us refine and refocus our vision, year after year. It states:
Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it."
Rabbi Jonathan Bernis has taught how vision comes from God, and it must include a measure of specificity. This is at the heart of the above passage. A vision or revelation in and of itself is good, but where exactly is it headed, what will it produce, and by what means will it accomplish these things?
This key passage is very important and in the forefront of our prayers at this time. As you read this, Jonathan Bernis is in the latter part of an extended time of rest and recreation with his family. An important element of this annual time is also for him to be able to hear clearly from the Lord regarding God’s plans for us in the following year, in this case, 2015. Please pray:
- For safety and health for his family, both while away and when they return home
- For many restful times and wonderful memories to be made together
- For Rabbi Bernis to be personally refreshed and renewed, but also to clearly hear revelation from God regarding His heart for Jewish Voice Ministries next year
- For clarity in communicating what the Lord has said to our JVMI Leadership Team
- For unity for the team as they gather together in August to consider the things on God’s heart for 2015, and then formulate the strategies for next year’s ministry objectives
Habakkuk 2:2 is so insightful in pointing out that there first must be revelation, then that revelation or vision must be fleshed out with a concrete plan, and this plan must be plain enough so that others, for instance our whole JVMI team, can “run with it,” and see it effectively accomplished! Thank you for your prayers for the success of every part of this process, by God’s grace and for His glory!
Invite your friends and family to become Jewish Voice Ministries Prayer Partners by sending them this link.
Start praying now for our upcoming 2014 Medical Outreaches, and consider joining us!