In this special off-season episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly and Ezra bring clarity to the tragic events of the last two weeks in Israel and Gaza. They discuss many questions people are asking about what’s going on, where this sudden attack came from, who Hamas and other players are, Israel’s response, and the needs in Israel right now.
It’s been about two weeks since more than 1,000 terrorists invaded Israel and committed horrific murders and assaults on innocent Israelis and others in the south of Israel, plus taking some 200 hostages into Gaza. Rockets from Hamas in Gaza are still flying toward Israel, and Israel is responding with powerful air strikes to eliminate further threats from Hamas.
Carly and Ezra discuss:
- What led up to the events of October 7
- Whether Israel did something to provoke the attack on October 7
- Why people in Israel are calling this the Simchat Torah War, and if Hamas knew their attack was on a Jewish holiday
- The players involved in all of this, who’s joining in the conflict and who’s latching on to it
- Hamas’ stated purpose as an organization and how it affects this war
- The “Israel had this coming” response some are having
- What the Bible says about all that’s going on
- Is this World War III? Is it the beginning of the End Times?
- How this is a wake-up call for Christians
- What we’re hearing from our friends and ministry connections there in Israel
- The needs the people in Israel are facing and how we can help
Along the Way
Along the way, you’ll also learn about:
- The key element of radical Islamic terrorism in this conflict and the importance of not vilifying all Palestinians, Arabs, Gazans
- The spiritual war underlying all of this
- How a lot of Christians are being forced to examine what it really means to “stand with Israel”
- Why Israel’s response is not a quid pro quo
- Why Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu had to say, “Hamas is done”
- The call for Christians to take the issue of Israel and the Jewish people out of the “deal with it later” box
- Great opportunities for the Gospel in Israel right now
Words You Might Learn in This Episode
Shabbat, Hamas, Hezbollah, jihad, Mahmoud Abbas, IDF
Scriptures Referenced in This Episode
Zechariah chapters 12–14 (specifically Zechariah 12:2–3, 12:10, 13:8, 14:2–9), Ezekiel 36:19, Ezekiel 37:21, Matthew 23:37–39, Romans 11:17–24, Matthew chapter 24
Thanks for listening!
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.