As we begin this new calendar year, we are asking the Lord to bless us and to bless you!
This is not a selfish prayer; it’s a biblical one. Our prayer is based on Psalm 67, which asks for blessing not just for the sake of the Lord’s own people but for the sake of those He wants to reach through them.
As you consider this short Psalm (included at the end), ask the Lord to touch your heart through His Word. Please pray for blessing for us and those He wants to reach through us — Jewish Voice Ministries and you, our Partners — together. Join us in these prayer prompts, which are loosely based on Psalm 67.
Lord, we are so humbled by all the ways You have blessed us in the past, including during 2022. May we pause to reflect with gratitude on some of your blessings this past year.
- Take a few moments to thank the Lord for what you have seen Him do in you and around you
- Praise Him for all those He has reached through Jewish Voice this past year, through Outreaches, Zehra children’s ministries, television, speaking engagements, podcasts, magazines, newsletters and social media
We boldly ask You to pour out Your grace and blessing upon us this year as well.
- Be specific in asking Him for blessings for yourself and your loved ones
- How is the Lord prompting you to pray for Jewish Voice Ministries in this new year? Boldly intercede for us as well.
We desire that Your ways be known throughout the Earth and that Your salvation be among all nations.
- Ask the Lord to deepen your burden for the peoples of the Earth to know Him and be saved
- Seek, like Paul, to have a heart desire for all Israel to be saved
- Pray for a few nations or regions that the Lord brings to mind
- Perhaps include Israel, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Zambia and your own country in your prayers
- Pray for locations with high populations of Jewish people, such as Los Angeles and New York City
- What city in your state or country has a high percentage of Jewish people? Pray for them
Lord, help me picture all the peoples of the Earth praising You and celebrating who You are with great joy.
- Ask the Lord for faith to pray in agreement with His word that this will someday become reality
- Remind yourself that “every nation, tribe, people and language” (Revelation 7:9) will include many from the “lost” scattered tribes of Israel!
Lord of the harvest, bless the physical land in the various places of the Earth but please also bring a mighty harvest of souls throughout the nations.
- Intercede that the Lord will send laborers into the harvest fields
- Name a particular country or location on your heart and ask Him to send laborers there
- Pray for the Lord to send laborers into the harvest fields through Jewish Voice
Lord, in humility inspired by Psalm 67:7, we ask again that You would bless us individually and Jewish Voice as a ministry.
- Petition the Lord that we would be good stewards of the blessings He gives us so that all the ends of the Earth will be blessed by knowing Him, being in awe of Him, and receiving salvation from Him
Amen! May we return often to this prayer for the Lord’s blessing this year. May we live it out so that many others in the nations of the Earth would be blessed. And together, may we accumulate many praises for how the Lord has answered these prayers!
1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine on us —
2 so that Your ways may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.
3 May the peoples praise You, God; may all the peoples praise You.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for You rule the peoples with equity and guide the nations of the earth.
5 May the peoples praise You, God; may all the peoples praise You.
6 The land yields its harvest; God, our God, blesses us.
7 May God bless us still, so that all the ends of the earth will fear Him.