I’m writing to ask you to stand with the State of Israel as it faces incredible pressure from all sides.
The issue I want to bring you is absolutely critical for the Jewish people,and for every follower of Yeshua (Jesus). Please let me explain …
In May 1948, the Jewish State of Israel was officially created. But the 70 years since have been a long struggle. Surrounded by enemies dedicated to its destruction, Israel has miraculously survived against all odds. Most recently, the opposition to Israel has come from a place you might least expect – the United Nations (UN). While supposedly dedicated to equal treatment of all countries, the UN has shown shocking bias against Israel.
Time and again, the UN has demonstrated its deeply rooted anti-Semitism, going to ridiculous lengths to pass resolutions that criticize, isolate and punish Israel. In just the past few years, the UN has declared Israel to be tantamount to an apartheid state and accuses Israel of being:
- The world’s only violator of women’s rights and mental, physical and environmental health
- The cause of Palestinian acts of terror, which were declared to be a natural response to Israel’s presence
- The reason Palestinian men beat their wives!
Perhaps most ludicrous of all, the UN adopted a resolution denying Israel has any historic claim to Jerusalem’s Temple Mount or other Jewish holy sites in the region. The UNESCO resolution instead defined all sites in the Holy Land in only Islamic terms and with only Arabic names – effectively declaring that neither Jews nor Christians have any connection to these holy sites.
And now, in its latest anti-Israel and anti-Semitic move, the UN passed a draft resolution in December that insists it is illegal for Israel to declare Jerusalem its capital city.
This resolution was prompted by President Donald Trump’s declaration that the United States will move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. And while the resolution was vetoed in the Security Council by a single vote (by the U.S.), Israel’s enemies have sworn to bypass it with another resolution in the UN’s General Assembly.
Here are the facts – conveniently ignored by the UN:
- Jerusalem was established as the capital of Israel by King David 3,000 years ago and is clearly affirmed in Scripture.
- Modern Israel formally declared Jerusalem its capital in 1980. That makes Israel the only country to be opposed in the location of its own capital city.
- Under Islamic control (until 1967), the holy sites in Israel were not accessible to non-Muslims. Under Jewish control over the past 50 years, all sites have been open to all people -- with the exception of the Temple Mount, the holiest of all sites to Jewish people, which is still restricted to only Muslims.
Late last year, American President Donald Trump made the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and called for the United States to move its embassy there.
As a staunch supporter of Israel, Jewish Voice supports this decision. Why?Because the United States and Israel – like any other sovereign nation – have every right to name their capital cities and locate their embassies where they want. And it would be a powerful statement about our support for the very right of Israel to exist.
We also believe that failure to establish the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem would be to surrender to anti-Semitic, anti-Israel pressure from the UN and Israel’s enemies.
Most important, I firmly believe giving in would go against God’s historic and prophetic plans for Israel, for Jerusalem and for the ultimate return of His Son Jesus.
The latest news from the Trump administration (as I write this) is that the embassy will be moved this May.
But in the interim, you can bet that great pressure will be applied by many sources to cancel the embassy move. So we’ve asked our partners in America to sign a special DECLARATION OF SUPPORT, which we’ll forward to lawmakers in the U.S. Congress.
That’s why I’m urgently asking you to do TWO THINGS right now:
First, I hope as this astounding story develops, you’ll pray for Jerusalem. In Psalm 122:6, we’re asked to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is clearly important to God. In the gospels, we read of Yeshua (Jesus) weeping for this city. It’s the place where He was crucified, buried and rose again to bring eternal life to those who believe in Him.
So this is a huge opportunity for all nations, not just America, to strengthen ties with Israel. And I believe it will result in unprecedented blessing for those who do.
And second, I’m asking you to send a gift to support the work of Jewish Voice Ministries.
For the past 51 years, Jewish Voice has been committed to providing physical and spiritual help to Jewish people, supporting the State of Israel, and seeing all Israel saved.
We do this by:
- Strategically using television, print and digital media to counter anti-Semitism, misinformation and the many lies about Israel and the Jewish people
- Educating Christians about the Jewish roots of the faith, and the need to support and pray for Israel
- Supporting vulnerable Holocaust survivors and members of scattered and impoverished Jewish communities
- Sharing the Gospel with Jewish people everywhere
Your gift today will go toward these goals. This critical work can continue only with support from you and other compassionate and committed people.
Please give as generously as you possibly can to show your support of Israel and the Jewish people.
We must not sit by and watch as Israel’s enemies – driven by bald-faced anti-Semitism – work to isolate, destabilize and, ultimately, destroy the Jewish State.
Thank you for standing with Jewish people everywhere. As you do, remember God has promised to bless you when you bless the Jewish people (Genesis 12:3)!