Friends, we are reaching out for prayer for our latest Outreach, going on now in Southern Ethiopia. But as we all know – at the same time – Israel is in great conflict right now! Please pray fervently for the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Lord of the Angel Armies, to comfort, heal and reveal Himself to the Jewish people and their neighbors in the Land, and to protect them against the schemes of the evil one. Our God is faithful to His promises and keeps watch over his Chosen People as the apple of His eye!
With Israel on our hearts and in our prayers, let’s also pray now for the Jewish people of Ethiopia.
We are in Southern Ethiopia for our third Outreach in this particular location. Previous visits to this community have brought testimonies of growing goodwill for the Jewish people there. Baruch HaShem! – which means, “Blessed be the name!” In other words, “Praise the Lord!” We pray that through this third trip, goodwill continues to increase and will yield many testimonies of salvation, healing and deliverance, all to the glory of the Lord!
You Can Help
- Please be part of the “prayer force” who will answer this urgent call to pray. This Outreach is starting now!
- Please commit to a specific time slot to pray for us from home during the Outreach. SIGN UP HERE on our Prayer Schedule, according to the Outreach dates below
Ways to Pray
Here are the ways you can pray for us day by day during this Southern Ethiopia Medical Outreach, October 12–22, 2023.
Before the Outreach
The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.”
— Isaiah 40:3 (NKJV)
- That all preparations are fully in place, such as VISAS, medical supplies, site readiness, team unity and community relationships
- Protection, health, safety and favor as our team and partners prepare and travel, including for several first-time JVMI Outreach Partners
- For all their family members back home and all that pertains to them as they serve
- The Lord to prepare the people’s hearts and cause spiritual forces of darkness to flee, making way for salvation, healing and deliverance
During the Outreach
“The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,”
— Luke 4:18
- The Zehra Kid’s Program will be introducing a new “Nehemiah” curriculum just for teens – pray for its success
- We’re doing Messianic Leadership Training in Zimbabwe at the same time as this Ethiopia Outreach. Please pray for that as well
Sunday, October 15
- Everything in place for a smooth “opening day” as we begin to serve the community on Sunday afternoon
- The Lord’s guidance in hiring local workers to work alongside us during the Clinic – that they will not only be a blessing as they serve but be blessed and saved
- Many from the community to come, receive care and accept Yeshua (Jesus) as well
- The Word to go forth swiftly, accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders
Monday, October 16
- The Lord to give our team wisdom, favor, discernment, and protection regarding any local or unique factors regarding this location, conditions, or time frame
- Great unity, love and fellowship among all team members and partners that testifies of Yeshua to all in the community
- The Lord’s blessings on first-time Outreach Partners as they attend a special meeting just for them on Monday night – may they know with confidence that the Lord has called them for such a time as this
- The Spiritual Care Ministry, Zehra Kids Program, and Living Waters teams to leave a lasting and eternal impact in the community through salvations, love, and provision
Tuesday, October 17
- The wonderful and weighty presence of the Lord to anoint and refresh our whole team during daily morning prayer times
- Divine encounters in the community that lead to openness to the Good News and many salvations
- The Lord’s mighty protection to cover the entire Outreach and all involved from any spiritual or natural interference
Wednesday, October 18
- A glorious time of worship Wednesday night, bringing renewal to the team, delighting the Lord, and giving testimony to the powers of darkness
- The Lord to move powerfully through the Gospel and the ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Healing through medical and dental care and also supernaturally, as testimony to the Lord’s power and love
Thursday, October 19
- The ability to treat as many patients as possible on this last day of the Medical Clinic
- Order and shalom to reign as we pay local workers and close patient lines
- Safety and efficiency in closing the Clinic and packing equipment and supplies
Friday, October 20
- Safe travels back to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital city
- A relaxing day of fellowship with one another and celebration over all the Lord has done this week
- A blessed Erev Shabbat dinner with testimonies of the Lord’s goodness
After the Outreach
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of [Messiah] Jesus.
— Philippians 1:4-6
Saturday–Sunday, October 21–22 and beyond
- Safe travels home
- A special outpouring of grace for the members of our Global Outreach team, who will be rapidly transitioning to our Zimbabwe Outreach, taking place in early November
- The Lord to continue working in this region of Ethiopia, bringing a great movement of His Holy Spirit among these dear people
- Effective and timely follow-up to all who want to hear more about Yeshua
Lord, in this season, the troubles of Ethiopia, and specifically its Jewish people, are many! Would You stretch out Your hand to heal, deliver and bring salvation? You are faithful and constant in Your love for Your people. Thank You for doing more than we can ask or think through this Outreach! In Yeshua’s name, Amen.