We’re inviting you into our staff’s Fall Week of Prayer and Fasting, taking place this month at Jewish Voice Ministries.
We know these times give us fresh experiences of intimacy with the Lord, new imbuement of power, added strength to persist and stamina to prevail in all He’s called us to do.
While we’re engaging in this week, we‘re also praying for you because we consider you part of this ministry through your giving, serving on Outreaches and prayers.
As we pray for you, will you pray along with us? This will be a key time for us, and we are fasting and praying with a sense of both great need and great expectancy. We believe the Lord can fully prepare us to fulfill what He has called us to, but we know that apart from Him, we can do nothing, and He works through fasting and prayer. Will you join us?
Here are some specific areas we will cover in prayer as we gather as a staff. Please pray with us for:
- Our partners – we are praying for you!
- The nation and people of Israel and for Jewish people everywhere to be saved
- The many ministries in Israel and elsewhere we partner with
- Messianic Jewish congregations, leaders and members that we serve in Africa and elsewhere
- Key areas here in the United States with large populations of Jewish people
- Our vision to reach as many of the scattered Jewish people groups around the globe
- Our upcoming Outreaches and the nations to which we go
- Us to effectively engage the church with God’s heart for Israel and the Jewish people in greater depth and scope than ever before
- Our ministry itself – our leaders, departments and staff
In addition, here are some biblical themes related to fasting that we are focusing on as we fast and pray.
- Longing for and Devotion to the Lord – Our fasting is not about deprivation but an invitation to draw near out of the desires of our hearts to be in His presence. See Matthew 9:15, Luke 2:37-38, Deuteronomy 8:3
- Repentance and Returning – Searching our hearts for anything that is not of Him and also praying for the Jewish people worldwide to return to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob through His Son, Yeshua (Jesus). This is an especially key prayer as we approach Rosh Hashanah, the Ten Days of Awe, and Yom Kippur. See Joel 2:12-13, Daniel 9:3-5
- Humility and Consecration – We are humbling ourselves before the Lord, consecrating ourselves and the ministry to Him anew as we seek Him. See Ezra 8:21 and Joel 1:14
- Guidance and Discernment – As a ministry, we know we cannot rely on our own strength or wisdom. In this dark world, we need the light of His guidance and presence as never before. See 2 Chronicles 20:2-4, 12
- Deliverance and Breakthrough – We are praying and fasting for the Lord to break through with power in the lives of Jewish people, communities and congregations, and in Israel itself. May the Good News of Yeshua break through around the globe, bringing salvation, healing and freedom to Jewish people and their neighbors. See Isaiah 58:6
As mentioned above, this is also a very important season to pray for the Jewish people: during the Fall Holy Days of Rosh Hashanah (Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets), the 10 Days of Awe, Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar), and Sukkot (the joyous Feast of Tabernacles). Join us as we pray for the Lord to meet with Jewish people globally and reveal Himself to them.
Lord, You can do anything! But You choose to work through humble human vessels like us and our partners. Will You move in mighty ways as we fast and pray and do more in us and through us than we can imagine. We love You, and we desire to be used by You to reach Your Jewish people so they, too, can know Your love, power and life for themselves. Lord, hear our prayers! In Jesus’ name, AMEN.