We weren’t sure it would happen, and it took a while to determine where or when, but now it’s official – we are headed back to Ethiopia for one last Outreach in 2022! Including travel dates, the Outreach will be December 1–10. Every day that we’re there will be an opportunity to praise the Lord, love and serve Him, and minister to those around us. And every day will be an opportunity for you to join and support us through prayer!
This location in southern Ethiopia is another brand-new community for us to serve Ethiopia’s Jewish people and their neighbors in Ethiopia. Though we haven’t been there before, Our partners and friends from the Messianic Jewish congregation in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital, have already been working in this area. We are excited to bring a full-scale Medical Clinic to this new people group who are part of Ethiopia’s greater Beta Israel Jewish people.
Please pray along with us using the daily prayer points below. We hope to see every hour of the Outreach covered in prayer – and you can help. Sign up here (to choose a time to pray from home.
Here are ways you can pray each day.
Wednesday, November 23 – Wednesday, November 30 | Psalm 90:17
- All logistics, including permissions, VISAS and medical supplies, to come together quickly, as we have a short lead time for this Outreach in a new location
- For all on-site preparations to take place smoothly and completely
- God’s favor and anointing of ease to prepare the way and eliminate any stress or urgencies
Thursday, December 1 | Genesis 28:15
- Protection, safety and health as our team and partners prepare and travel, including negative COVID-19 tests
- A strong confirmation for each person that the Lord is with them and will enable them to minister out of the overflow of relationship with Him
- The Lord to prepare the spiritual atmosphere and people’s hearts for the kingdom to come, and the forces of darkness to be pushed back so the Gospel will have good soil
Friday, December 2 | 1 Peter 4:10
- Relationships and fellowship among all participants to begin to form a deep team unity
- A sweet and restful Shabbat, including a good night’s sleep
- Ease and protection in adapting to new foods
Saturday, December 3 | Psalm 32:8
- Safety on local planes and, in particular, on the mostly dirt roads as we travel to our lodgings near the Clinic site
- Divine order and instruction from the Lord in setting up the Clinic and patient route through the site
- Effective training for every medical department and spiritual care team
Sunday, December 4 | Mark 1:15
- Word of mouth to bring many people to the Clinic for care and the Good News
- God’s grace as the Clinic opens for the first half-day
- Safe and uneventful transportation to the Clinic for patients coming from a distance
Monday, December 5 | James 5:16
- The spiritual care tent to be a place of healing, deliverance and salvation for many in need of Yeshua (Jesus)
- Healing through medical care and divine intervention throughout the week, including in the lines and the community
- A successful and Spirit-led strategy to bring LifeStraws® and the Good News of living water into the surrounding areas
Tuesday, December 6 | Deuteronomy 28:3
- Favor and blessing from government and community leaders and for the Lord to pour out a blessing upon them
- Jubilant praise and worship that lifts the spirits of those participating and infuses the week with the fragrance of Yeshua
- Renewal, insight and bold faith during team prayer times
Wednesday, December 7 | Acts 4:30
- The Lord – out of His kindness – to move on the hearts of many, producing repentance and readiness to receive Yeshua
- The Word to be spoken boldly, accompanied by signs and wonders
- Each Outreach Partner and team member to serve with energy, humility and dependence on the Lord
Thursday, December 8 | Luke 15:7
- The ability to see as many patients as possible the on this last day of the Outreach
- Healing and salvation to take place even for those who are not able to be seen
- Protection as the Clinic equipment is all packed up and readied for transport
Friday, December 9 | John 13:35
- Safe travels as local and international team members travel home
- A restful Shabbat, including reflection and testimony of all the Lord has done this week in and through the team
- Effective follow-up to all who want to hear more about Jesus
Saturday, December 10 | Mark 16:15
- Vision and guidance from the Lord for further ministry in Southern Ethiopia
- Continued grace on the Addis Ababa congregation as they reach out to their nation to see many come to know the Messiah
- A season of rest and recuperation for our Global Outreach team and in-country teams in Ethiopia, Zimbabwe and Zambia after a season of hard work, Outreaches, and transformed lives!
Lord, we are eager to meet and minister to the people of Southern Ethiopia. How grateful we are that You know them and You know their needs. You go before us, and You go with us. And You will stay with them long after we leave, nurturing new life, discipling Believers and raising up leaders. We are grateful for every ministry opportunity You have given us this year, including this last Medical Outreach in Southern Ethiopia. In Jesus’ name, AMEN!