At Jewish Voice Ministries International, we are in very purposeful pursuit of wisdom, understanding and discernment. For several years now, we have been pressing into the Lord for new strategic insight considering shifting situations in the nations we serve. When we began our quest, we had no idea that COVID-19 would become one more factor in the mix for us as an international ministry.
We desire to hear the Lord speak clearly and need Him now more than ever. As a staff, we just spent a week of special prayer times focused on asking Him for wisdom, understanding and discernment. We need these to know what to do, what not to do, where, how and when for the years to come.
Would you please intensify your prayers for us in that regard at this time? We are looking forward to 2021 and beyond, and we desire to hear from God plainly.
Please join us in these Scripture-based prayers for wisdom:
- Lord, we trust You with all our hearts. We don’t want to lean on our own understanding but wholly lean on You. We acknowledge You in everything we do and ask You to give us clear, straightforward direction. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- We are taking our place in attentiveness before You, God, watching to see what You will say to us. We will not be discouraged at any seeming delay; we KNOW that You will give us clear vision and strategies to run with (Habakkuk 2:1-3)
- As we consider the facts (knowledge), our ears are inclined to You, Lord, seeking Your wisdom so we will know how to proceed. We are crying out for discernment in the spiritual and natural realms in order to judge rightly between what simply seems good and what is truly of You. We lift our voices in united prayer for understanding so we can proceed according to Your will. (Proverbs 2:2-3)
- As we pursue You for wisdom, may we gain a deeper understanding of what it means to be in awe of You, to walk in holy reverence before You and know You more. (Proverbs 2:5)
- You do grant wisdom, Lord! From Your mouth will come the knowledge and understanding we need. You have a storehouse of wisdom for us. You are guiding our steps and protecting us along the way. Thank You! (Proverbs 2:6-8)
Lord, in You are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3). In Your Word, You say that, if we need wisdom, You will generously give it to us (James 1:5). Therefore, we know You hear our prayers and will answer. We ask for wisdom, understanding and discernment to carry out Your will. As we listen for Your reply, we prepare our hearts to obey. We love You, Lord, and seek to glorify Your name and share Your Good News. In Jesus’ name, AMEN.
Thank you so much for praying for Jewish Voice in this way. Once you do, you may want to return to the above prayers, praying for your own lives, circumstances and needs. We are praying for wisdom for you as well. He will hear and answer!